Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Four-Leaf Clover Blocks for March


Jessica is our BOM Queen this month and she has chosen the Four-Leaf Clover block.  The tutorial can be found here.

Here are Jessica's cutting instructions:

"These were the dimensions I came up with:

12 Strips 2" x 5"
12 2" x 2" squares
2 Strips 2 1/4" x 12.5"
2 Strips 2 1/4" x 9.5"
This is for a 12 1/2" square."

If you use these cutting instructions your block will look like the block above, the four-leaf clover with a border.  I love it!


I just made the block using Jessica's measurements.  If you do this version, be sure you true-up your block at each step.  For the border, I used 2-inch strips and still needed to true up the block.


Be sure to use white or low volume for your background fabric and quality fabric, not from a big box store.  If you don't want your clover to be green, that's perfectly fine. 

Below are the other samples I made.



The top one I made using (12) 2.5 x 6.5-inch strips and (12) 2.5" squares.  The block measures 12.5-inches square.

For the next one,  I made two clovers, using the measurements in the tutorial, and then two snowballs.  For the corners of the 6.5" snowballs, I used 2.5" squares.


Both blocks measure 12.5" square. 

Two things made everything easier. 1.) I pressed all my seams open. 2.) I trued up each section, as I worked on them.

May your bobbins always be full,

Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment